Today I’m going to share 4 ways to get book for cheap, and sometimes even free!
1. First up is the library! I know, I know it seems obvious, but just give me a second to explain more. Once you’ve signed up at your local library talk to the librarian about what they offer. Most libraries offer ebooks and audiobooks through an app like overdrive. You log on with your library card info and you can reserve books to read on your kindle or listen to an audiobook through the app. If the book you’re wanting is available that way you can always log into your library’s website and place a hold on the book you’re wanting so that when it is available they’ll let you know. It’s a great way to read for free!
2. Secondhand books! I like to go to Mr. K’s in Johnson City, TN. I also recently found out there’s a secondhand book store in Columbia, SC that I can’t wait to check out. You can also find secondhand books on www.thriftbooks.com the books are cheaper than when bought new, and if you find a store close to you they usually buy your books you no longer want and will give you store credit or cash!
3. BookBub! So this is a website where you take a short survey, and put in your email address. Once you’re signed up they send you daily deals on books they think you’ll like! Some are even free!
4. Kindle Unlimited. This is a monthly subscription for ebooks. I like to think of it as Netflix for your kindle! Amazon normally gives you a free trial for a month to test the waters, and then after that it’s $9.99 a month. I was able to read all the Harry Potter books on here! Plus they are always adding new books, and some books are even available for audiobooks.
Also if you have Amazon Prime they offer First Reads which is where you pick one book of their selection for free! Every month! I like to wait till the end of the moth to check some of the reviews so I know which one I’ll like best.
If you don’t own a Kindle you’re able to download the app on your phone or tablet and read books that way!
Hope this helps! If you have any tips leave them below!
Hope you’re enjoying your summer so far! Today I wanted to share our top 5 things we must have for a beach trip with kids!
- First up is a shade tent! This is our number one priority when we head to the beach. On the beach there is 0 shade! Sun exposure can be tough on kids – heck it’s hard on me! So with our tent the kids have a place they can cool off and get away from the sun!
This is the one we have! It’s compact and super easy to put up! It also has screens on the sides to let more air in.
2. Next up a wagon! We already had this one, and it works great for the beach. It also folds up so it doesn’t take up much space in our trunk. It makes lugging everything to the beach a lot easier! There is plenty of room on the inside and pockets on the outside for extra things!
3. A cooler! This one is probably a no brainer for most parents, but just in case I added it on here. Kids love to eat – especially after playing. Snacks and drinks close to the beaches are usually overpriced, and you have to walk out to get them. If you bring your own cooler you save money and time. Two wins in my book! Another trick I’ve learned is the night before I’ll throw a couple of water bottles in the freezer instead of using ice. By the time we need water they’re melted down and drinkable.
4. Baby powder! This may come as a shock to some, but baby powder is always in our beach bag! After you leave the beach and you’re covered in sand baby powder will get the sand off of you! You just shake some into your hand and rub it on your leg or arm to get the sand off! Works like magic, and you all smell good! We buy the travel size!
5. Portable phone charger. I know for some this may sound a little high maintenance, but I love taking pictures and videos of the kids. We also like to play music while at the beach. Having your phone die stinks! So we take our portable charger so we don’t have this issue! We bought one with multiple ports so we have them if needed.
So those are our top 5 items for the beach with kids!
Let me know if you have anything to add in the comments!
Today I wanted to share some of my favorites beauty products. Now being a mom of 2 and working full time my makeup routine is quick, fast, and easy.
I’ll start with bags, and no I’m not talking hand bags. Those awful bags we get under our eyes from losing sleep for the past 10 years or so! This product I actually received in one of my boxy charm boxes! I’m so glad I found it! You use it in the morning before applying make up to help decrease the puffiness under your eyes. It is a true lifesaver!
Next up, concealer! Definitely a must for anyone not getting their 8 hours of sleep at night! I have 2 that I use religiously.
First is by it the bye bye under eye. It takes a very tiny amount and lasts forever! & it’s also waterproof *praise hands*
Next is Tarte Shape Tape. It comes in a bottle with a wand for easy application. It works wonders for the dark circles too!
And last, but not least foundation!
Tarte Double Duty Shape Tape Hydrating Foundation is one of my go to’s. I use it with the tape shape concealer. I have extremely dry skin and living in the driest state doesn’t help. This foundation does it’s job and it doesn’t dry my face out!
Maybelline Fit Me Matte+ Poreless is the other foundation I use. This is definitely the more cost friendly foundation. It can dry my face out some, but I love the coverage. You can get it in drug stores or Ulta.
What are your favorite make up items? Let me know in the comments!